How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41586
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Had a question on my husbands retirement and pension i get

Customer Question

Hello had a question on my husbands retirement and pension i get from the army.. He retired with 100%disability. He past away 3in a half yrs.ago .. So me and our three kids were getting his benefits.. I was incarcerated a yr and 8 months ago for only 3months due that I violated my probation.. The army stop my income haven't recieved anything since is that the law to stop completely from me and my kids getting his benefits.. Because of my incarceration. .?
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 3 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 3 months ago.

These should have been reinstated here, you have to call to do so.

Veterans Affairs Benefits and Services


Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 9:00 pm ET

More about it

It may be possible here you were over issued benefits and they were recouping for awhile, but they can tell you whether that is the case and when they begin again.You did not loose benefits forever here.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.