Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

I've been separated for 4 year's now, recently my ex's home

Customer Question

I've been separated for 4 year's now, recently my ex's home caught on fire. The insurance check is in both of our names. Do I sign the check? In the past he sold 55 acres of property and never gave me a dime. The check is $120k
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Pennsylvania
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: For the fire?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We haven't filed for divorce because I don't want him to know where I live. I filed harassment charge's on him 3 years ago. My son wants to deliver the check for me to sign.
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

Here you can make a deal and see if you can get what you are owed here.I would want what you are owed for t he acreage or don't sign it.Your chance to collect here will never be better.You have leverage and should make use of it.You deserve a share of this, say at least half if this is what you are owed here.You have the right idea to do so.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.Good luck getting your share here.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

You are so welcome and thanks for rating 5 stars