How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legalgems Your Own Question
legalgems, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10484
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
Type Your Legal Question Here...
legalgems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a neighbor who does some really odd things, and they

Customer Question

I have a neighbor who does some really odd things, and they are directed towards me, example, he does this all the time, if we pull out of our drive way at the same time, even if he is more out than me, he will stop look at me and pull back in?, another time if I am driving by, he stops and stares at me for no reason, or if I pull in ahead of him , if we are in our cars, he will drive way ahead , turn around come back and stop in front of my driveway and just stare again. My brother lives with me and this guy makes it obvious, for no reason. This neighbor has a history of strange doings, And I have not done anything to make him act weird? If I am in front cutting my plants, he stops and backs off and waits till I am done. The thing is too, he is an usher at my church, so he is a hipocrit, in my eyes. My girl friend is afraid at some point is going to "crack". Talking to him won't help, should I just ignore this guy or what. Even the church people know he has a mental problem. any suggestions/ thank you, Tom
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: this is California, he has a fairly new car
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no, he has been like pest type neighbor
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: This guy goes up and down, some times he is almost normal , somewhat, but these last few times, him starring is quite odd. He doesn't say a word, just these weird actions
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  legalgems replied 5 months ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Expert:  legalgems replied 5 months ago.

I'm sorry to hear this;

unfortunately there is no way to preemptively deal with issues such as these; rather, in order to get a protective order, there needs to be a pattern (or at least one event) where the person acted in such a way as to cause the person seeking the order to be placed in fear for their personal safety.

If that is the case, here is a restraining order:

It includes cases of civil harassment:

Often times mediation -particularly by a church official- can be very helpful in resolving neighbor issues.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Expert:  legalgems replied 5 months ago.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;
if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here: