Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have a friend who is very poor facing eviction on June 1.

Customer Question

I have a friend who is very poor facing eviction on June 1. She has just been instructed to leave her rental. No court action has been taken by the landlord, only told her to vacate today. She has an eight year old daughter. Can you help her and do so pro bono?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Norfolk VA. Also, where are you located?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not to my knowledge. The lady says no, but she is legally ignorant and has no copy of her lease. She asked for a copy several weeks back to show Salvation Army for money for utilities bills, but landlord wouldn't bring it.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: She just had foot surgery and hasn't been able to work. She has two adult children who have jobs, but haven't been paid in about 4 weeks. Previously, they would pay half the rent every 2 weeks
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 5 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good evening. I am sorry to hear about what your friend is dealing with. The site does not provide any type of legal representation but I am happy to answer any questions which you may have.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What recourse might my friend in her case?

Thank you and please allow me a moment. Is she under a lease or does she rent month to month?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't text and I don't want to talk by phone for $59. I'd like a full refund and will look for help for her, otherwise. Please credit my credit card account as I am dissatisfied with your service. John Pearson

Customer service can assist with this. Please contact them and they will resolve this.