How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Expert James Your Own Question
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12287
Experience:  dasdasd
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Expert James is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Brother recently passed away with no will. I have been

Customer Question

My Brother recently passed away with no will. I have been acting as his surrogate as his next of kin. Is there a simple way of getting appointed his executor. He had no will and he has more debt than assets
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: He died in Murfreesboro Tn. I live in Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not to my knowledge. Hd died while in residence at Tenn. State Veterans Home
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He has berial expense of about $9000. and has about $3000. i his patient trust account. We want to use the $3000 to pay for part of the funeral expense. TSVH will only issue a check "the Estate of xxxxxxxxx
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Expert James replied 5 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I have over 12 years of legal experience.

Thank you for your patience. Your answer is below. When you see the option to rate, please do so with a positive rating of 4 or 5 stars. Otherwise, I do not get credit for doing my job. Don't worry, you can still ask related follow-up questions even after you've given a rating. Thank you!

ANSWER: First, because he dies intestate, the laws of intestate succession will dictate how his estate is distributed (i.e., pays his debt and to whom anything that remains will be distributed).

So you need to contact the Rutherford County Probate Court and the Clerk's Office for the forms that must be filed and the process to claim executorship as next-of-kin.

I hope that answers your question. Please remember to click on a rating at the top of your screen and hit the submit button - 4 or 5 stars are appreciated.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today. And remember, you can still ask follow-up questions if you need to.

If you want to talk on the phone, I am available to do that for an additional fee.

And if you have new questions in the future, you should write FOR JAMES in the question. That way, I become your personal Professional.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I do not understand?
Expert:  Expert James replied 5 months ago.

You do not understand what? Have you looked at my answer, above?

Expert:  Expert James replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going. I see you have reviewed my answer but the question is still open and no credit has been given. Do you require additional assistance? Please let me know. Thank you!