Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer
Experience:  dasdasd
23431962

Second opinion] i want two know if my son can draw his dads

Customer Question

Second opinion] i want two know if my son can draw his dads SS now that he has passed away?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not to my knowledge
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Expert James replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your patience. You have posted the same question three times but have not answered any of the professionals who have tried to help you. I will give you an answer now, but you do need to click on the positive rating once you read this answer.

Your answer is below. When you see the option to rate, please do so with a positive rating of 4 or 5 stars. Otherwise, I do not get credit for doing my job. Don't worry, you can still ask related follow-up questions even after you've given a rating. Thank you!

ANSWER: According to the Social Security Administration, an adult who is disabled before the age of 22 qualify for child benefits if his parent is deceased. but this benefit is only based on the father's Social Security earnings record.

I hope that answers your question. Please remember to click on a rating at the top of your screen and hit the submit button - 4 or 5 stars are appreciated.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today. And remember, you can still ask follow-up questions if you need to.

If you want to talk on the phone, I am available to do that for an additional fee.

And if you have new questions in the future, you should write FOR JAMES in the question. That way, I become your personal Professional.

Thank you!

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going. I see you have reviewed my answer but the question is still open and no credit has been given. Do you require additional assistance? Please let me know. Thank you!