How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33518
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I paid a home business recruiter to recruit others for my

Customer Question

I paid a home business recruiter to recruit others for my business. We have a signed online contract in the amount of $6122. She did not fulfill the contract of which a copy and refuses to do so. Can you help me? I'm 84 years old and she has taken what little money I had.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: i'm sorry--this isn't about real estate, but I'm in North Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet, but I will do an IC3 to the FBI. The perpetrator is in Arizona. I have her address and a whole lot of information.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't have any money and I didn't see anything about cost.
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.
Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney and I will be answering your question.
Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.
Unfotunately, there is no easy or cheap way to assert a breach of contract claim in another state. You will need to sue them in court and, in all liklihood. You will need to being suit in the state where they are located, Arizona.
Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.
Since you are in Florida, that will require retaining an AZ attorney to represent you in court. If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys). Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise: is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.
Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.
You should also file a complaint with the AZ attorney general's office. They will investigate and take administrative action if they deem it appropriate.
Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!