LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in the legal field.
15277592

WE NEED HELP ON PROPERTY IN OHIO THAT GOING IN TO FORE

Customer Question

WE NEED HELP ON PROPERTY IN OHIO THAT GOING IN TO FORE CLOSER WE ARE ON THE MORTAGE WE GOT IT FOR OUR DAUGHTER SHE WAS THERE TWENTY SOME YEARS AND JUST WALKED AWAY FROM THE HOME SHE IS NOT MARRIED BUT HAS THIS BOY FRIEND THAT IS DOING ALL THE TALKING TO US NOW HE WONT ANSWER US I WAS TOLD FROM A LAWYER IN OHIO SAID WE HAD TO FILE THE BANKRUPTCY HERE IN FLORIDA WE ARE RESIDENTS OF FLORIDA WE ARE OLDER PEOPLE WE ARE DESPERATE AS WHAT TO DO WE DON'TWANT TO LOOSE OUR HOME HERE WE LIVE
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: OHIO
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I RECEIVED PAPERS FROM THE COURTS IN OHIO THE BANK ATTORNEY SAID IT MIGHT BE AUCTION OFF AND WE WOUID BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE BALANCE
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: ONLY WE LIVE ON A FIXED INCOME AND WE DON'T HAVE ANY THINK EXTRA MORE THAN OUR MONTHLY BILLS WE HAVE HAD GOOD CREDIT UNTIL NOW I HAVE A CREDIT CARD WHEN WE NEED SOMETHING IMPORTMANT I KNOW I SOUND LIKE I'M WHINING HERE BUT WE ARE DESPERATE THINKING THEY MAY TAKE OUR HOME THIS HOME IS IN A FUN DOWN AREA OF THE TOWN AND PEOPLE ARE GOING IN THESE VACENT HOMES AND TEARING THEM APART STEALING THE WIREING FROM THESE HOMES AND SELLING THE COPPER FROM THEMWE ARE DESPERATE AS WHAT TO DO
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

You will not lose your home in FL because of a mortgage that is not being paid in Ohio. Your Florida home is fully protected from creditors because of the Homestead law in Florida.

You do not need to file bankruptcy to protect your home. It is already fully protected. Even if you are sued for the bad mortgage in Ohio, they cannot touch your home while you are living in it.

You may reply back to me again if you have additional questions, and I will continue to assist you.

I am not an employee of this site and I am only paid for helping you when you rate my service to you. Please remember to rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars on your screen (preferably 5-Stars) so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours well in 2017,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon,

Is there anything else I can assist you with today? It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars so that I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service. It is greatly appreciated.

I wish you the best in 2017,

Doug