Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My parents died a few years back. My brother who used to be

Customer Question

My parents died a few years back. My brother who used to be a pastor was placed in charge of my father's affairs with my consent. When my mother died shortly after my father, he took charge of the house and all other assets. This was not a part of my mother's wishes as evidenced by her will. He absconded with the house payments from the renter and we lost the house. He claimed all of the insurance from my father and my mother's stocks and I've recently learned that he's changed my mother's final address to his own in another state in case anyone sends her a check. I tried contacting the state that my parents lived in (Alabama) but soon faced so many hurdles it seems apparent that its cheaper to just let him steal all of the assets but this just doesn't seem fair. I'm not certain if my mother's will was ever probated (whatever that means). I have no idea what needs to be done or if its even practical to do anything at all due to the costs.
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: And how so how so I do that?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Alabama
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: He hired an attorney there who has never been favorable towards me and probably helped him to set this all up.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that he's since been severed from the Methodist church. He's been working at the local Walmart in Nebraska. We live in Virginia.
Expert:  Barrister replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Did parents have any substantial assets over and above what they might owe as debts?

.

Did either of them enter nursing home or hospitals prior to passing and run up big bills?

.

How long ago did they pass?

.

Did brother ever actually file a probate case in court to settle their estates in Alabama ?

.

.

thanks