Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

My mother owns a piece of property in Florida that her

Customer Question

My mother owns a piece of property in Florida that her grandson lives own. They were to pay the taxes and have not for three years. Now we find the property is listed for auction on May 24th. Question can she still pay the taxes and stop the foreclosure?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Florida and yes
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes it is being auctioned May 24th
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The grandchildren are on some sort of beneficiary deed or such and my mom seems to think they are part owners. However they have never paid anything and are not on the actual deed.
Expert:  Barrister replied 5 months ago.

Question can she still pay the taxes and stop the foreclosure?

.

Yes, she is able to cure the default and stop any foreclosure up until the actual day of the sale by paying the delinquent taxes. The whole purpose of the foreclosure sale is to generate money to pay off the taxes. If she pays them off, then that ends the legal reason for the sale.

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much