I got a ticket while driving un insured in ohio what will i…

Hello i got a ticket...
Hello i got a ticket while driving un insured in ohio what will i need to do from here and what will my punishment likely be for a first offense
5/15/2017
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

If you fail to present valid proof of active insurance when requested by law enforcement, you will lose your license until all requirements are met. For the 1st offense, your registration and license plates are suspended until you pay the reinstatement fee of $160 (reinstatement fee of $100, compliance fee of $50 and registrar service fee of $10). Registration privileges may be restored upon payment of the required reinstatement fee and filing of SR22 insurance or bond for a 3-5 year period (depending on the offense). Once the suspension is in effect, any driver who violates a financial responsibility suspension will have his/her vehicle immobilized and license plates confiscated for 30 days. As such, you need to insure the vehicle, reinstate your license and appear in court, to answer to this, showing it has been corrected.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i obviously need to get insurance coverage asap before my court date then go to court and do what?

Yes. You then need to reinstate your license and speak with the clerk of court, about doing this.

http://publicsafety.ohio.gov/links/bmv3135.pdf

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i can be good to go on the road again same week?

Yes, once you obtain insurance and reinstate your license and have a valid license, that is not suspended and you are properly insured, you would be good to go and just need to answer to the charge.

LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks

Thank you

LegalKnowledge, Attorney