Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Ee Does some of the grants require you to pay $200.00 to

Customer Question
receive a grant now. This...
ee Does some of the grants require you to pay $200.00 to receive a grant now. This grant is for $14,766. I am concerned it may be a scam as the man that called sounded foreign?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Only last Friday, May 12th.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: There is no work involved. The grant was supposed to be given to me for my honesty and work with my family.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have some phone nos.(###) ###-#### and(###) ###-####I was told by the men that it is a Free Individual Grant.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
5/14/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 8 months ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
NO, any grant or loan requiring you to pay money up front is known as an advance fee scam. There is no grant if you have to send them money up front, they are simply taking your money. There also are no grants for someone being honest and working with their family, that is another part of the same scam. DO NOT send them a penny and if you charged it to a credit card call and report the scam immediately. Those numbers are spoofed numbers (computer generated) and come to nothing. This is a very common scam we get numerous times a week and I too have been called and offered such a grant and of course they hang up on you when you tell them to take their $200 from the grant money you are getting.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney