legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
63726236

After filing bankructcy - if there is a potential

Customer Question

after filing bankructcy - if there is a potential inheritance from the sale of my Mother's house. what are the rules?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: IDAHO
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i AM READY TO FILE WITH THIS HANGING OVER.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: aTTORNEY i HAVE SAYS THE TRUSTEE CAN REOPEN THE CASE
Expert:  legalgems replied 4 months ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear of your family's loss; if a person dies within 6 months of the heir declaring bankruptcy the inheritance becomes part of the bankruptcy estate. Similarly if the person dies within 6 months after bankruptcy the creditors can petition to reopen the bankruptcy estate.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.