Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I believe i am being scamed by a lending company called cash

Customer Question

i believe i am being scamed by a lending company called cash advance!
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: california
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not yet! i was applying for a 6000 loan, they said i needed to increase my credit score, they would deposit a 1,998 temp loan into my bank account, then i would repay the temp loan, with a target gift card or wall mart card. then when score was increased to what they needed, they would deposit the 6,000.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: is there any way of recovery of funds on this type of scam ?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 4 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Did you give them any money and/or do this?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
They deposited into my checking account one thousand nine hundred minty eight dollars, on Tuesday night, I then purchased a target gift card for same amount! I then called them with gift card # and they were able to cash card from there end. Then a few hours later they said score had not increased enough for qualafieing, and we need to do the whole thing one more time! They re deposited another 1998$ into my checking account, I was to do the card thing again! This morning! But my account is now in negative by the amount of the first deposit. And there 2nd deposit into my account has not cleared yet! (SCAM)

Yes, this is a scam. A lending company has their own requirements to make a loan and if they wanted to lend you the $6000, they would do so. They would never tell you to increase your credit score and they will help you and require all of this when THEY are the ones lending the money. Yes, a credit score can and will effect your ability to borrow money but a reputable lender or bank would never do something like this. The money should never have been withdrawn and used and your bank will likely hold you liable and you need to contact them about this scam and see if they can protect you.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!