How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 30379
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband has filed for divorce I wanted to know do I need

Customer Question

Hello my husband has filed for divorce I wanted to know do I need an attorney to represent me I want to file for spouse report
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ohio
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: He said he just filed Wed May 10
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's the only question I had
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 5 months ago.


I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

You are not required to hire a lawyer to request spousal support. A party to a divorce is allowed to represent themselves.

With that said, if your spouse has a lawyer, it may help to have one. You have the ability to file a motion asking the judge to order your husband to pay your attorney's fees if he makes significantly more than you do.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Do you have any questions about this?