Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

I have an Multiple Sclerosis Organization that I run that is

Customer Question

I have an Multiple Sclerosis Organization that I run that is currently in multiple states including Arizona.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: we unfortunately have a person who keeps showing up at the meetings and going over registration limits imposed for meetings and it is becoming a problem in that if you inform them they are over the limit, the take an attitude that they are entitled to be there and will not leave their children at home. They have said in the past, they come to the meetings so they don't have to cook (a meal is provided by our sponsor for the meeting). I would like to send them a letter asking that they no longer attend the meetings so as to stop the disruption and conflict with other members and guests. Is this possible?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Arizona
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, however, this does not have to do with real estate
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
In December, we offered them a solution about attending with their family and going over the registration limits and asked that they limit attendance to 1 program per month provided we know in advance which meeting that would be. However, they refuse to work with us on the registration limits imposed and continue to do what they want.
Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.
Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs, and I look forward to assisting you.
Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.
long as it is not motivated by race, religion, ethnicity, etc., and, further, that it does not violate your own charter and bylaws, you can deny admittance to any person who is violating your rules or disrupting the meeting. If they refuse to leave you can call the police and have them ejected as trespassing.
Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.
send them a letter notifying them that if they can not comply with the rules of the organization they will not be admitted to the meeting and they will be treated as trespassers if they refuse to leave, but that if they do comply they are welcome to attend.