Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

What are the laws or regs regarding presence or not of a

Customer Question

What are the laws or regs regarding presence or not of a life guard in an HOA in Colorado. This is an assoc. of 80 plus homes and is a private pool with access by key only.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?
Customer: Colorado
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We have had a life guard in the past but considering not having. I know there are insurance considerations but interested if state law reguires in a private pool on HOA property.
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney with Just Answer. I'll be here to help today! Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question? By the way, the system will automatically ask for a phone call. By no means are you required to accept it.

The answer to your question is no, private pools in Colorado do not require a lifeguard.

Under 5 CCR 1003-5

“Private pool” means any pool which is constructed in connection with or appartenant to single family dwellings, condominiums or apartment houses, and which is used solely by the persons maintaining their residence within such dwellings, condominiums or apartment houses and the guests of such persons. Private pools are exempt from these regulations.

Follow up questions are free, so did you have any additional questions? If not, were you satisfied with my service today?