Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

We have a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 that is in the shop 3 times

Customer Question

We have a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 that is in the shop 3 times now due to the Dodge Ram 2500 death wobble. What law firms in Wisconsin are handling this? This problem seems to have been going on for quite some time and it was SCARY when we'd gone through it TWICE after hitting some bumps on a major Hwy in Wisconsin - SOOOOO scary, that my fiance', who was driving at the time, called 911 about it! Along with all MY texts about this issue to our mechanic! What do you advise us to do?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Don't know where to do that.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Um ... Would we be connected to a Wisconsin lawyer
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney with Just Answer. I'll be here to help today! Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question? By the way, the system will automatically ask for a phone call. By no means are you required to accept it.

Can you tell me when you purchased the vehicle?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No. And, thank you. I can accept a phone call from you. Kim
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I thought that this is a trial run without additional charges. But, am I wrong?

Hi, to my understanding, there should be no additional charges. Are you currently on a subscription?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What I mean is, ...there was a question as to what membership to choose. I said, at this time, I'm not trying to choose a membership. So, ... to understand ... it's this service that hooks you up to a lawyer and then THAT lawyer tells you what their fees are and THEN the conversation continues to go on after the initial introduction?

I can understand the confusion.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Forgive me if I seem rude ... but I see a charge for 59.00 - you just wrote: to my understanding, there should be no additional charges. Are you currently on a subscription? To answer your question: Are you currently on a subscription? ... I paid only $5 to get started ... and didn't pick a monthly plan ... you know, like, for, ANY kind of service that I might find I could use help in ...

So the bot***** *****ne is that you pay a $5 deposit, if you accept my answer then it's an additional $31. Unless you accept a premium serviced phone call, you will not be charged any more than that.

MANY people are confused coming to the site so please don't apologize. So just know that until you accept my answer, you've only been charged $5. If you like what I have to say, then it's only $36. No subscription. Nothing more.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Okay ... and Yes, I DID see that that you just mentioned. I'm just wondering then, what's on my screen: Want to switch to a live phone call?If you prefer, we can talk live on the phone to make it easier to get all the help you need and ask follow-up questions.Amount: $59 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed ... If it's $31.00 ... then, where is the $59 dollars come in?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are you still there?

Hello yes I am still here. Because I have to type my responses, it may take a moment...

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Just want to know exactly what the terms are.

The $59 is an automatic phone call request the system generates. You aren't obligated to take it at all.

Are you okay with the $36 charge?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Okay. I see. So, the $36 becomes $59 if the consultation is done over the phone?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
sorry, for not giving you enough time to type.

Almost lol. If we did a phone call, it would be $59 plus the $36 for a total of $105. And please don't apologize. You're new here and I've done this thousands of times so it's okay:-)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Awwwwww. Thank you! I have to be careful with my finances right now. Um ... so, how do you know if I "take" your answer ... as in, $36 if I take your answer. Sorry to seem ridiculous ... but, after counsel is given ... how is it determined that I have "taken" this advise?

That's a good question. You'll have a chance to rate me at the end of our conversation. Once you do, the $36 charge is triggered and that is it. :-)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I was JUST going to ask! How it was determined that you have 5 stars after your name! So, this company, kind of like, if you shop ebay or on Amazon, and you rate a person selling you something, that rating comes from ACTUAL individuals expressing their satisfaction and you get KUDOS?!

You got it. As you can see, I have nearly a 100% rating. Customer satisfaction is extremely important to me. Shall we continue with your concerns about your truck?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have just ONE more question. Is this an area that you feel VERY confident in about this kind of inquiry?

Yes, of course. In the worst case scenario, I have referral links that can help you out. If I absolutely can't help you, I can opt out of the question and let another expert pick up the question.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Referral links ... hmmm ... sounds like work ... not that I am opposed to that ... Referral links to, like, law firms? To, GM chat rooms ... this makes me nervous ... I am NOT trying to mess with you in ANY way ... I'm just trying to get a handle on whether or not I am making a good decision here ... Please forgive me if it seems that I'm trying to give you a run around. I am Jewish ... very careful.

Oh no it's ok. What if you describe to me your issue and then I'll let you know if I can handle it?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Oh! I'm sorry! I thought the lady that connected me to you gave that to you! Here it is ...
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My fiance' has a Dodge Ram 2500 year 2006 pick up truck that, when he hit a bump on a major Wisconsin highway, went into the violent Dodge Ram 2500 death wobble ... and ...
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have seen on line that there have been class action suits AND a RECENT UTube video concerning this and I am wondering if there is a class action suit that I can have my fiance' join concerning this ...
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That is my question. :)

Understood. What year did you purchase the vehicle?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My fiance' is the orginal owner. It's a 2006.

Got it. One moment...

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you.

So there doesn't appear to be any class action lawsuits pending right now. If there was one, your fiance would have received a notice in the mail from the class administrator or the plaintiff in the case to allow them to be a part of a class. The "class" (group of people suing the defendant) has to be certified by the court and part of it is identifying all the owners of the product in question.

However, your fiance may have a claim under Wisconsin's Lemon Law

Under Wisconsin Statutes 218.0171, a person can file a claim that their vehicle violates the implied warranties of fitness and merchantability. For vehicles purchased BEFORE March 1, 2014: There are no deadlines for filing a lemon law claim, it is up to the court to decide if your case were too old. (6 years is often the length of time referenced in court and the time starts the moment you take delivery of the vehicle.)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't think that I agree with that ... since, on these online sites, it has been said that GM HAS been AWARE of this issue and hasn't been up front about it - so, no, I don't agree with this. Still reading your additional comments ...
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
6 years as in subtracting from the year 2014 as to whether or not 6 years is often the length of time referenced in court and the time starts the moment you take delivery of the vehicle.)?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
May I be right back in one minute? I have to go to my kitchen real quick for a moment ...

Good question. Six years would have started back in 2006. If the problem is bad enough, a judge may waive that requirement and allow the case to proceed. However, this is all under the assumption that you couldn't handle it informally directly with the manufacturer.

You'll want to find an attorney in your area if click here and get connected with one to get through the process. Also, the State Bar of Wisconsin has a lawyer referral service that you can use if you click here. This is much better than a Google search and connect you with a local lawyer who

Not a problem...

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Okay ... I'll be RIGHT back! And, thank you.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you. Am back. Am reading your response ...
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I did ask if you felt confident about this type of inquiry. I see this is mostly educated assumptions. Not really pointing me anywhere. I did feel that I WOULD need an attorney to pursue this ... but, through your counsel, I was trying to find out "inside" information, in that, I AM aware of the State Bar of Wisconsin lawyer referral ... This really didn't get me any closer than when I started. Any MORE information ... delving in deeper ... as it pertains here?

I understand. I think it may be best if I opt out of this question. But regardless of who takes this, unless an attorney who has been verified by JA, and how practices this area of law, and who is licensed in your state picks up this question, you may not get the answer you're looking for. I appreciate the time and please don't hesitate to try those links and suggestions I provided. Thanks for chatting with me.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm not being rude ... believe me ... but, I have another question ... observation ... 6 years ... if the date starting is 2014 for the year ... I'm probably not figuring this out correctly ... but, it is the year 2017 and the truck is 2006 and your sentence: the time starts the moment you take delivery of the vehicle.) How is that defined?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Another question pertaining to your last response ... unless an attorney who has been verified by JA, ... what do these acronymns, "JA" mean?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ohhhh ... "JA", as in "Just Answer" ... THIS website! Okay. Thank you.