How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27759
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

It wil take me a bit to type my question, I'm disabled, I

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: It wil take me a bit to type my question, I'm disabled
JA: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Fraud Examiner can help you best.
Customer: I person committed the by deception by telling me I would get 25% of his new website business for $36,000. I paid him $16,000 by PayPal, $10,000 From a credit card wuthdrawal and $10,000 for by a persal check. I even paid for the business contact and LLC application of $385 through Legal Zoom. After getting the LLC from the State of Washington, he went of the grid. How can I get my money back?
JA: We have a 30 day refund policy so you can simply email***@******.*** and they will try to fix your problem or refund your money.
Customer: you read my complaint?
JA: Oh, dear. I'm sure the Fraud Examiner can help you. Is there anything else the Fraud Examiner should be aware of?
Customer: I filed a police report in Tigard, OR. A consumer law dective did a report, and filed with the county DA. DA said not enough evidence to present to Grand Jury
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 5 months ago.


I'm Zoey.

I'm reviewing your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and I may also have to respond to other customers.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 5 months ago.

Unfortunately, a prosecutor has the complete discretion as to whether or not to go forward with a case. If the prosecutor believes he can't meet his burden of proof he won't take the matter on. Unfortunately, too, there is no appeal process. You would have to come up with additional evidence which could make the DA change his mind or pursue other remedies.

There's no reason you couldn't sue this person in civil court for breach of the contract and/or fraud.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't have the finances to hire a buiness lawyer
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 5 months ago.

Many civil lawyers will take a case on contingency. That's where you only pay their incidental expenses and filing fees. They get no salary unless they win their case or get a settlement that you're happy with. Then they get around 40% of the award as their fee.

A lawyer will take this case on contingency if he feels that he can win it and if he feels that the defendant will be able to satisfy the judgment and that the award is going to be large enough so that it's worth his deferring his earnings until the case is settled.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 5 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.