Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
16823287

What is the California Insurance code section that allows

Customer Question

Hi, what is the California Insurance code section that allows for life insurance commission rebate or referral fees
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: Happy to do so, but will you be able to give me the answer?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No I just need the code section, I'm doing some research
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I just need to be able to use point the particular code section
Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

See this link for the law.

Section 754 (a) states: It is unlawful for any person to solicit, receive, offer, or pay any referral fee for the referral of an individual for the furnishing of services or goods for which the person knows or should have known whole or partial reimbursement is or may be made, directly or indirectly, by any insurer.  As used in this section, a referral fee is a fee paid by a person furnishing goods or services to another in return for the referral of an individual to that person for the furnishing of services or goods.  It includes any referral fee, kickback, bribe, or rebate, whether made directly or indirectly, overtly or covertly, or in cash or in kind.

I know this is not the answer you wanted to hear, but I am assuming that you are paying for a professional and honest answer.

Note: Just Answer’s site disclaimer apply to all services including premium services. This information may not be correct, complete or reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction. Please do not act or fail to act based on it alone. Most follow-up questions are answered within 24 hours. Please assign a feedback rating when we are done so JA will compensate me for this answer. Thank you.

Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

P.S. Please remember to assign a positive feedback rating on this so that Just Answer will compensate me for this answer. Thank you.