Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

An Oral surgeon's office charge 400.oo for an extraction in

Customer Question

an Oral surgeon's office charge 400.oo for an extraction in April for a friend that could not wait to get his dental insurance co.'s OK, because of a gum infection and severe pain. We paid prior to the procedure being done. 4 wk later they charge another friend 250.oo for the same molar extraction, and she had dental ins. and also paid out of pocket.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no. He has continued to have sever pain, went to see his G.P. last week, had blood draw because of the infection, and was told there is still a tooth particle in his gum. We are going back to the original surgeon tomorrow to have this taken care of, but , the office wants 250 for a followup visit.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes, prior to seeing the surgeon in his own office, my friend was in a hospital ER for the pain and infection. we were there approx.5 hr. before the oral surgeon came and confirmed the*Yes, that tooth has to come out", which we told the attending ER physician when we got there. But, the hospital ER was not equipted for tooth extraction, and treated his pain. The 5.5 hrs into the visit the Oral Surgeon that the hospital called, arrived and looked into is mouth and made the conclusion. That's when we decided to go to his office 3 days later for the extraction service. since the hospital physician and attending nurse, and staff made the decision to get this Dr. to come into the ER @ the end of the day, we believed he was a part of the facility.
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

If the Oral surgeon di not properly remove the tooth and pieces were left behind that would appear to support a negligence claim. Your friend may want to contact a personal injury attorney to bring a malpractice action against the dentist. The additional pain and suffering is compensable and the Dentist charging again to repair his mistake may call into possibility punitive damages.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald