Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I was witness to a fight in the hallway to my apartment 5

Customer Question

I was witness to a fight in the hallway to my apartment 5 days ago. As a result I was given a letter stating that I had to vacate in 60 days. I was not involved in the fight in any way, other than calling the police. The drunk people(6 of them) gave my neighbor a sever beating so I called the police. They played the race card and said that the neighbor and I used the n word. Never! I have witnesses as to my involvement but the property manager has never talked to either of us.He is also black and will not listen to any of us. What can I do? I am unable to walk more than a few yards due to my disability. My wife is also disabled due to two broken hips. We have lived here for 11 years and this manager has been here n6 months.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: this is not an employment issue. It"s a tenent landlord issue in California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: just a 60 day notice on my door
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not at this time
Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.

I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs. Thank you for your patience as I review the question. I will post my response shortly.

Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.

Do you have a written lease in effect or is your tenancy month to month?