Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

If I'm sign a consent order that takes effect June 1st can

Customer Question
Alabama board of nursing have...
If I'm sign a consent order that takes effect June 1st can Alabama board of nursing have me do a hair test day 1 or due they have to wait 3 monts
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
5/11/2017
Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience, including extensive experience in the regulation of health professionals. I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Once the agreement is signed and the effective date is established you are subject to random screens immediately. However as a practical matter it takes some time to get you into the system. This is because most (if not all) licensing boards contract out the compliance portion of the consent agreement to a third party vendor lab. I can not say exactly how muchtime it will take for your first random screen call, but it will probably be at least a few weeks.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

If hair test positive but order not in effect till June 1st can alcohol before consent time be used against me

I see that you requested a call. I am happy to help you with a call. But payment for the call did not go through. Sometimes that happens with certain credit cards. Please call customer service at 1(###) ###-####

In the meantime I am happy to post to you.

If June 1 is the effective date of the Order then there should be no tests until on or after that date.

If you are called to provide a random test and you test positive for any prohibited substances (alcohol is usually included on the list) then you will have violated the terms of your agreement. Sometimes you can get away with one bad test but it is a risky proposition to push it.

If they have tested you prior to the effective date of the consent agreement you can challenge the legal basis for the test since you were not subject to the Order at that time.

Have updated credit information please call

I would liek to but you have to request again. The original offer timed out. I can't process it from my side.

But I will wait for you.

I am very sorry for the technical problems. I do want to help you with the call if that is how you wish to proceed.

Hello:

Please let me know how you would like to proceed. If you are still having trouble with the call please call customer service 1(###) ###-####

Credit card is update

Thank you. You need to request the phone call again so that I can accept it. I can't do it from my side.

Hello:

I would very much like to help you with this, but I have to go offline soon. I have tried to alert the moderator about the technical difficulty.

I can not resolve it from my end. If you still want a phone call perhaps you can start a new question. Then I can try to post an offer to you if you can not request a call off this thread.

Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer