Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

I recently won a small court claim and have yet to receive a

Customer Question

I recently won a small court claim and have yet to receive a payment. What can I do?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: Colorado
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I won the case. Since then I have done nothing
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I guess not
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon. As the prevailing party, you will want to returns to court with a motion to execute judgment and ask to examine the defendant’s financial and personal information to ascertain their employer and the location of any property or bank accounts. The losing party will be forced to appear and testify under oath. Once you obtain that information in the court, you ask the court to issue an order of garnishment/seizure in order to satisfy the judgment. The court will then issue the order and the clerk will have the forms to serve on the banks or the employer to attach the losing party's bank accounts and garnish his/her wages.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!