Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

I am trying to develop a polling app and I need to know if I

Customer Question

I am trying to develop a polling app and I need to know if I am legally allowed to post the pictures and responses I get from any random stranger online regardless if they want to participate or not.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: FL
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Sorry?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: I don't know what your asking..this is just an idea still.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Probably but I need that first question answered first
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

The away around the problem is to include waiver and release language in your "Terms of Services." You want to have terms of services that state that downloading, or using the app, constitutes an agreement to the terms and services. In addition you want a clause in your Terms of Services or that uploading content to the app constitutes an unlimited non exclusive license to you to use such content and constitutes a release and waiver of liability for any such use of the content the user uploads.

There are many examples of such languge online. But you will want a complete terms of services before you activate your App.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald