Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

I am separated from husband divorce isn't settled yet. I

Customer Question

I am separated from husband divorce isn't settled yet. I took a gun I got for a gift from him and sold it to gander mountain for cash I got behind in some bills. Now he says if I don't pay for gun he is reporting it to manager at gander mountain and federal people will get involved and I can get in big trouble
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: What should I do
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Pennsylvania
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No not yet I guess
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: It was a gift from husband at the time I needed to pay a bill so I sold it without him knowing
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 5 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a California attorney with Just Answer. I'll be here to help today! Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question? By the way, the system will automatically ask for a phone call. By no means are you required to accept it.

Can you help me understand what your specific concern/question is?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can I get in trouble for selling the gun to gander mountain without his permission

The answer is no. Because this item was a gift, then it is your property so you are welcome to sell the item.

By giving it to you, your husband relinquished title to the property and so long as the gun sale was legal, you should have no problems.

Follow up questions are free, so did you have any additional questions? If not, were you satisfied with my service today?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No thank you

The pleasure is all mine! Further up on the screen you should see a chance to give me a rating. 5-stars are always appreciated, but it is definitely not required!

Hi, I just wanted to double check to make sure you were still with me. I am very interested in helping you answer your question so please let me know if we’re still connected.