Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I bought a car from a dealer with a trade in value of

Customer Question

I bought a car from a dealer with a trade in value of $11000.00. After they subtracted the $11000.00 fom the sale price of the car they in turn add back the $11000.00 unto the balance of the cost of the car and financed the whole thing . In the process of me signing the contract notice the error. I brought it to their attention, but btold me that is the way it is done. They adde $6000.00 worth od Insurance which I reuested them to remove of the contract. They agree to remove the Isurance but it will not lower my payments. Can you help me
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: ct is on a 2017 car
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If they made a mistake on the trade in and in the contract, they are in breach of contract and if they will not correct the prices and recalculate your loan, your only remaining recourse is to file suit against them for breach and get the court to order them to recalculate the price and make them redo the loan to reflect the PROPER cost of the car.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Do you need me to send you the signed contract papers for you to review thee case, if you can file or create a case
Thank you for your reply.
Your state law forbids any expert on this site from representing any customer of this site I am sorry to say. You would get a local consumer protection attorney from the same site used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org