Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have been going through a 4 year divorce, I a very small

Customer Question

I have been going through a 4 year divorce, I a very small county in Florida. We had a multi million dollar business that we built together. We had a 5 day trial with over 7 thousand documents. The judge ordered the attorneys to write summaries and that he would make his decision with his notes and the 2 attorneys summaries. My attorney turned mine in prior to my ex-husband summary being filed. We finally got his decision, the Judge signed off completely on my ex's attorney summary, stating my attorney did not turn mine in. Well she had the proof she had done so, he said he would make the adjustments the next day. The only thing that was adjusted was he noted she had in fact turned one in. He awarded everything to my ex-husband. Everything. He gave me 3 yrs of alimony and we were married 17 and a half years. He came into the marriage with nothing. I hired an appellate attorney and he said it was by for the worst case he said in his 30 yrs
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: My appellate attorney filed stating all of the issues that the judge did that were not pusuant with any of the Florida Statues. We have been waiting for a decision for about 8 months, we got it last week from 1DCA with just one page saying Per Curiam, affirmed.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes we filed with the judicial committee and they came back and said they didn't find any reason to open an investagation.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your specific question about this for us about this matter?