How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerDavid Your Own Question
LawyerDavid
LawyerDavid, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 376
Experience:  Highly experienced attorney Commercial Law, Litigation, Intellectual Property Law, and Family Law
95745447
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LawyerDavid is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Other person insurance is giving me 20% and 80 % my

Customer Question

Hello, other person insurance is giving me 20% and 80 % my insurance will pay, other person got ticket,My own adjuster says in left turn(which i am) is mostly found guilty,i told if that is case why i did not get ticket, other person head light were off. police asked other person, other person toldshe always drive in A POSITION, Police officer put key and turn to asscessory light did not turn on, then he manualy changed the knob other,then headlights worked.My adjuster says police officer did not replicate,He is taking other person side,trying to prove me it was my mistake, if it is my fault why i did not get ticket.
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LawyerDavid replied 5 months ago.

Hello Ash: thank you for the question. It is not clear to me what your question is from information you provided. You state I believe that one insurance company is paying 20% and the other 80% and if that is the case it appears you are being made whole so I am unclear why you are concerned with whether you received a ticket or whether the accident was your fault or not. Please provide a specific question(s) you would like addressed and I will respond as soon as possible. thanks, David

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Other car insurance (who got ticket for violation) is paying 20 % for damage to my car.rest My personal car insurance will pay 80 % for repair of my car.My question is if it is the fault of other driver(who got ticket), insurance of other driver should pay me 100 %. if i just accept it my car insurance premimum will go up because my insurance is paying 80%( my insurance will think it was my fault)
Expert:  LawyerDavid replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for the additional information. In general, giving a ticket to one party and not the other does not always indicate the other party was not sharing in some fault with regard to the incident. Here, insurance companies and fault according to a law is associated with a percentage of fault most times and here it appears the insurance companies are finding fault and the percentages as discussed. If you disagree with the percentages and have concerns over your premiums I would suggest disgusting with your insurance company the situation at hand. You can indicate you do not believe your insurance company should be paying as much as they are and see if you can get a different percentage and hopefully have your premiums not adjusted accordingly. I will say however, that insurance companies will set premiums in part on how much money is paid out on claims under your policy along with other factors such as wrecks that you have had, tickets that you have had, and other Associated matters that may not have been your fault but none-the-less way against the loss runs of the insurance company associated with your particular policy. Therefore, having a percentage of fault associated with you in a certain manner on this particular incident is unlikely to impact your premiums by having them adjusted here because the accident has occurred and it is already on your loss run report. I hope this helps you and I wish you all the best. David