How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 42303
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had my ex arrested. For pushing me he was drunk. But I

Customer Question

I had my ex arrested . For pushing me he was drunk. But I want to drop charges . How do I go about that . I also went into court to court to lift a stay away order . But I was told by a person that helps people in my sistution that they would fight me on my decision. Please I need advise I don't know how to do all this.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: Malden mass
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to know my rights on how to do to drop it
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 4 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok I really need advise and help
Expert:  Ray replied 4 months ago.

You can contact the local prosecutor and tell him you aren't going to cooperate and you want ht charges dropped.If you don't appear as a witness they are forced to drop charges here or have them dismissed by the judge.Generally they cannot make a case without you as the main witness and this isn't going anywhere without you to help them.Call the prosecutor as your next step and tell them you don't want to prosecute and aren't going forward with this.They should drop the charges.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Expert:  Ray replied 4 months ago.

Without you as a cooperative witness they have no case here, thats the bot***** *****ne.