Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I was the victim of a battery/ assault on January 4th 2017.

Customer Question

I was the victim of a battery/ assault on January 4th 2017. I was also a victim of grand theft. I have been to the police station numerous times to get charges filed and they keep telling me it's waiting to get assigned to a detective. It is now May 11th 2017 they have not contacted me. I've sent emails out to let them know that I am a disabled veteran that cannot defend himself and that I need Justice. I get no response no respect I feel and discriminated against. I want to sue the city and police department. Should I file a small claims for $5,000. Should I talk to an attorney about my civil rights being violated? Washington state does have a Human Rights Commission. Should I file with the commission? I don't want to sue them to be frivolous. I don't want this to happen to anyone else. They will not file charges I've tried so now I need help in finding out how to sue them.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you and I do know the person that did this to me.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
from what I understand under the equal protection Claus of the 14th amendment. There is a violation.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

First, you need to speak with a local Attorney who handles civil rights cases about your treatment. If you are unable to find a local Attorney, you need to contact ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union) for assistance. You should also contact, U.S. Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division.

Best wishes,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks

You are quite Welcome!

A 5-star rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive proper credit for responding to your post. Kindly use the popup screen to give the rating. There is no additional cost to you for giving a 5-star rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.