Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Over the past 5 years, I have loaned 2 individuals money to

Customer Question

Over the past 5 years, I have loaned 2 individuals money to start businesses. They happen to be father/son. My first problem is that the father is making greatly delayed and decreased payments on his loan with me and his son isn't making any payments on his loan. In addition, they owe me additional amounts for the sale of my inventory, after which I was not paid. The amount the father owes me is around $38,000; the son owes me approximately $35,000.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: South Dakota
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have IOU's which the father has signed and that state various amounts of interest. I had a contract signed by the father, son and me for the second loan; however, I never received a copy.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation,