Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I live in Florida and I want to take General Electric to

Customer Question
small claims court for not...
I live in Florida and I want to take General Electric to small claims court for not honoring their warranty with a combo washer/dryer I bought.
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, can I take them to court and if I win how would I collect the money
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
5/11/2017
Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer,

Thank You for posting your question to just answer today. This is attorney Bill offering legal information specific to your concerns.

There is a limit on the amount that you can claim in the small claims court of $5,000 so depending on how much you believe you are due you may have to file in the Circuit Civil Court for amounts greater than 5k.

The procedure for either should include a preliminary demand letter to GE outlining the amount of your claim ang giving them the opportunity to pay this claim before you file the small claims suit.

This is a requirement of the small claims division that you have a final response from your adversary so that they had a chance to pay the claim before proceedings.

Please be patient for my follow up and answer when you request additional clarification or information and REMEMBER TO RATE POSITIVELY TODAY FOR THE INFORMATION RECEIVED.

Please remember to rate positively my response before exiting.

THIS IS HOW I GET A CREDIT FOR MY TIME AND RESPONSE

SO I HOPE YOU RATE 5 STARS TODAY

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Please answer as asked in the first question: how would I collect the money?

If you win the case they will pay you or you get a judgment order.

SO I HOPE YOU RATE 5 STARS TODAY

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Dear Customer,

I would like to follow up with you on your question in which I replied to a few days ago and gave an answer. Do you need any more information ?

When Finished PLEASE REMEMBER THAT WE EXPERTS COUNT ON POSITIVE RATINGS

THIS IS HOW I GET A CREDIT FOR MY TIME AND REPONSE PREVIOUSLY

SO I HOPE YOU RATE 5 STARS TODAY

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer