Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I need a federal attorney to take a case of illegal eviction

Customer Question
because of my ESA dog...
I need a federal attorney to take a case of illegal eviction because of my ESA dog. I was evicted because I had him, not because of anything he di I believe I can sue under violation of ADA and fair housing act. Can you direct me. I live in MO
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: MO
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes, I called and initiated an inquiry into these violations. They have not talked to me yet. I have paper documenting everything that was done. The sued my in court, I went and their attorney dropped the case after he saw what I had as I filed a counter suit. Before the judge could hear my side, once it was dismissed it became moot. But now they are trying to collect the money that would have been owed if the case was heard.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so, but this harassment started in Aug of last year and was ongoing to Feb of this year.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
5/10/2017
Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

are you there?

Pursuant to the terms of service of the site the Attorneys on the site are not permitted to enter into an Attorney/Client relationship with the customers of the site. We can HOPEFULLY get you headed in the right direction.

"I can sue under violation of ADA and fair housing act. Can you direct me. I live in MO"

Since you already filed the complaints I can direct you to legal services in your area that can assist you with a lawsuit. Can you tell me where in Missouri the illegal eviction case took place?

Yes I am here. It takes a minute to type a response. Thank you for your patience.

I live in Joplin MO The closest Federal building is in Springfield. I have been unable to locate a federal attorney in this area
Jasper county

Let me provide the Federal legal services available to you in the area. One moment please.

thanks

Let's go through this together. This links sets out civil rights attorneys that provide FREE consultations http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/firm/civil-rights/joplin/missouri

Where any of these Attorneys that you contacted? I have several databases I can use to assist. It would be best to eliminate the ones that you have already contacted that for whatever reason will not bring a case in Federal court.

I have not contacted any one I looked local attorneys up on line, none said they handled Federal cases.

That is odd as civil rights is a Federal matter. This is a link for the Missouri that can refer you to an Attorney or firm that is licensed in Federal Court in the State and that takes these types of cases. http://missourilawyershelp.org/legal-topics/legal-resources-directory/jasper-county/

ok, I will do this, if I can't get any help, can I recontact you?

I have more resources for you. Yes you can return to this question at anytime.

did you want to send them to me now, or wait and try the other three first

I just have one more link. This is through the Federal Western District of Missouri Court http://www.mow.uscourts.gov/

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it.

Thank you for using JA! We appreciate your business.

ok, thanks

You are most welcome.

Did you have any additional questions for me?

Attorney2
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney