Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I appreciate the instructions and forms - I have been

Customer Question

I appreciate the instructions and forms - I have been looking for them for at least a month. These forms request a court date - is there anyway I can resolve this matter without having to appear? I live in NM & am I correct in assuming the lawyer did not follow thru on the delivery of the first correspondence?
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Hello again! Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site.

No problem at all. You would have to call the clerk of the court and ask if the Judge will take these proposed orders without an oral hearing. Each court does it a bit different. If the Judge says no, and an oral hearing is needed, you can file a Motion for Telephonic Hearing to possibly be able to appear via telephone/video (if the Judge agrees).

" I live in NM & am I correct in assuming the lawyer did not follow thru on the delivery of the first correspondence?"

I do not quite understand what you mean here, can you please clarify?

Kind Reminder: Please, use SEND button to keep chatting, or please rate positively and click FINISH to submit your rating once satisfied. You may always ask follow ups at no charge before or after rating.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The suit mentioned that the lawyer had originally sent notification in October 2016 - that was supposed to give me 2 months to respond, however, the document was sent to a very old address. The county offices had my correct address, but the attorney failed to follow up on the delivery, therefore, I did not have the opportunity to pay the taxes during that 2 months. Having paid the back taxes I thought there should not be any issues or additional fees due.
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

I see. I really cannot say without seeing the documents, I am afraid. I am sorry! This is hard to do on your word alone so I am afraid I simply do not have enough information.