Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

I filed and Interrogatories against the Attorney General

Customer Question

I filed and Interrogatories against the Attorney General myself for Child Support and they filed a motion to Quash Discovery and for Protective order. Can you tell me what does this Attonery General filed means.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Dallas Tx
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: It's saying in this motion or letter I've received saying " The State of Texas, files this pleading pursuant to Texas Family Code chapter 231.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at this time I can think of.
Expert:  Ray replied 5 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 5 months ago.

You may want to resend the discovery here.You are filing it against the other party here , the parent through the AG.They are the proper party to filed discovery against.The AG I am guessing is trying to avoid having to answer it here and delay proceedings.Check to see if you filed against the other parent here through their attorney of record.You may have wording issues here in your prior discovery and can amend it and refile.

Thats what they are doing here objecting and seeking protective order to keep you from getting discovery.Your discovery may just need amending here to make sure the parent is the person named through their attorney of record.This should get your discovery answered here.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.