LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

Last night I brought a PS4 from a private buyer and I have a

Customer Question

Last night I brought a PS4 from a private buyer and I have a copy of the whole conversation where he stated there was no issues and I went home a plugged it up and there is clearly an issue now ive been trying to contact him and hes not answering in want my money back but don't know how to go about it
JA: We have a 30 day refund policy so you can simply email***@******.*** and they will try to fix your problem or refund your money.
Customer: Really whats the catch
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: MN
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No idk if the police will even hear my case because its not a criminal matter
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I know his name and number as well as his Facebook and its for $180 dollars I just want to know if its worth it and what to do
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 5 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. When purchasing things from private parties, who you do not know, you always take a risk that they are misrepresenting the truth and telling you what you want to hear, to make the sale and get your money. As such, it is always best to test the product out and not rely on their word, for this very reason. With that being said, you are going to want and need to sue him, if he will not return your call and refund your money or fix whatever the issue is, if it can even be fixed. You certainly have evidence to support your claim, so you would now need to file a civil lawsuit against him in small claims court to get your money back. If he is not answering your calls or messages on FB, a legal cause of action is going to really be the only way to force him to respond unless you can convince the police he is scamming people

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
He did post it on FB saying there is nothing wrong with the product as well as saying to me in a conversation all of which I have screened shot. how much will it be to go through claims court and what is that process

The cost is minimal and you can file on your own. The clerk of court has the forms for you to fill out and file. Once you fill out the forms and file he would be served and then need to respond and appear, to defend this.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can do that at any court house

You can file in the county where he resides. This way, the court would have jurisdiction over him and the case.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK but I don't know his address, all I know is his phone number and email but do you know an estimate on how long this process will take

You can hire a process server to serve him and they can run a skip trace, to try and find him. As far as time, it could take weeks from the time it is filed and served until you appear in court and depending on if this is contested or resolved, may take 2-3 months depending on the courts docket.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
WOW ok well do you think if I brought this to law enforcement they would do any thing, also in earlier comments the operator I spoke with said I could get refunded how does that option work

Refunded for what?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
JA: We have a 30 day refund policy so you can simply email***@******.*** and they will try to fix your problem or refund your money. I just didn't understand what that meant but it was the first thing the operator sent.

Yes, that would be only if you are not satisfied with the help I am providing and questions I am answering. If you are pleased, you need to simply rate my help at the top, so the site will give me the proper credit but if you ask for a refund, I would not be compensated by the site.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How long am I able to have you answer my questions is there a time limit

I am happy to answer your follow up questions related to this, after you rate my help at the top.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!