I have a contract for a loan that I need reviewed.

Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a contract for a loan that I need reviewed

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It's a pretty straight forward contract I just feel I should I have a lawyer look at it before I loan someone 50,000 dollars

5/10/2017
LawTalk, Attorney

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. Also, please understand that review of a document is done only as an additional charge and is not included in your basic question charge.

1. Who drafted this contract?

2. How many pages is it?

3. What size is the font of the print?

Doug

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The other party involved. 7 pages, I believe 12 point font. It's pretty straightforward as far as contracts go. My understanding is that, in plainspeak, I'm depositing $50k into an escrow account, and I get that money back after 45 days (or less) no matter what, and receive a fee of $5k for doing so. If I'm missing something I'd like to know.

I have reviewed a brief portion of the contract and will make you an offer for the review of the remainder of the document, which I estimate to take at least one hour, and then I will call you to discuss my findings and any concerns.

Doug

Are you there? Do you still want my assistance?

LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon,

Please give me about an hour to review the document and to call you to discuss it. I additionally will need you to provide me with your phone number so that I can call you to discuss it when I have reviewed it.

Thanks,

Doug

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have some meetings this afternoon so if I don't answer please leave a message with a call back number.

I should be finished with my review and can call you at about 2:30 PM PST----about another 15 minutes. Will you be available?

Great! I'll call you about 2:30 PM.

Thank you for your questions. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope that you will ask for me on JustAnswer should a future need ever arise. I am generally available at least 6 days a week, and often 7, and it would be my privilege to assist you again in the future.

I welcome you to request my assistance in any future legal questions you may have, by simply placing my name (Doug) in the first sentence of your new question.

Thanks again, and have a great 2017,

Doug