Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

D: I was wondering would it be easier to re-apply for

Customer Question

Good Afternoon D :I was wondering would it be easier to re-apply for Disability? Would that make them look at my recent medical records? Because it seems that they only looked at the records for the month in which I applied for which was February of 2017 and I just spoke to my doctor's office recently and they said those records hadn't been uploaded yet so what disability ended up getting was handwritten notes for the month of February send my doctor's office has recently merged with not just area but now Aria Jefferson all medical records are uploaded to a database and when medical records are requested they are submitted through the database and so far Aria at Jefferson has only gone back as far as March of 2017
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 4 months ago.

Hello! I’m so honored that you requested me. One moment while I review your question.

Ok, just so I'm 100% clear on what you're asking, you're wondering whether it would be easier to reapply for disability or appeal the other claim. Is that correct?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Exactly what you just said ia correct

Ok great, that is good to know. This one is kind of a tough call. My recommendation would probably be to go ahead with the appeal. Because these individuals are already familiar with your documents, there will be less time spent trying to find out the details of your request. In addition, if you are still within the appeal window, you may be denied until that window is over. If you have a chance to appeal, you can help the agency connect the dots in an easier fashion which will improve your chances.

Did you have any follow up questions?