Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My X husband has a provisional drivers license after a DUI.

Customer Question

My X husband has a provisional drivers license after a DUI. He lives near Rochester MN, our daughter and I live in Bloomington, MN. Can he legally drive up here to pick her up for a weekend visit? Could I be in trouble for letting him driver her?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I'm not sure I understand the question. His dui is documented
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I can think of
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
To be clear, he wants to have her go to his home to visit for the weekend.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
A provisional license allows the holder to only drive to and from work or medical appointments, it would not allow him to drive to pick up his child unless they specifically added that into the provisions. If that is not in the provisions when the license was issued, then he cannot drive to pick up the child, he must get someone to drive him or the mother must bring the child to him. You would not be in trouble for him violating the terms of his conditional license, he would be in trouble though and could lose it completely.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.