How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need help fighting Dept of Education story short they took

Customer Question

I need help fighting Dept of Education long story short they took 7007 from my tax return without my knowledge and now I'm homeless with 2 kids . I filled 2 greviences and I still have not gotten my funds return. Is this something you can help with
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Virginia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i filed for hardship but they keep turning me down
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes I was living with another mother and she paid the bill on the place I was living in and my lease was up so my kids and I left everything we own because we couldn't afford to move. For over a month we have been living in hotel rooms I don't know what to do at this point
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Did you owe a delinquent student loan debt? What type of help are you seeking from us?