Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My son is locked up and have not been indicted he has a bond

Customer Question

My son is locked up and have not been indicted he has a bond but parole have a on him he's been sitting over two months with this hold how long can they make hi sit he refuse to sing a waiver because he's in for something he did not do please help what can I do
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Under the law, your son has a right to have his attorney file to get a bond reduction. If the court will not reduce the bond, then the DA has up to 120 days to issue an indictment or charge him and failure to do so is grounds to release him. If your son is not getting charged or released, you need to contact his attorney to seek a bond reduction hearing to get the bond lowered to something affordable to get him out of jail. If not, he can get his attorney to file a motion for a speedy trial, which would then start the clock to force the prosecutor to bring the case to trial in 180 days or dismiss the case.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.