Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

How can one protect oneself from an order of protection

Customer Question

Expert:  Ray replied 4 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 4 months ago.

You are able to challenge in court any order of protection.You are able to file to dismiss the order of protection and seek to dissolve it.You can present evidence and testimony that there was no threat that supports the need for such an order and that the facts here are incorrect or false and thus there is no need for such an order and that it should be modified or done away with.You can attack the facts that gave rise to t he order and show no such situation exists that warrants such an order.

Here if you believe the protection order was granted improperly or that it is no longer needed, you can file a motion asking the court to “dissolve” (terminate or cancel) the protection order. After you file the motion, the court will decide whether or not to schedule a hearing.

After you file the motion, the court will decide whether or not to schedule a hearing. If the court schedules a hearing and grants the motion, the protection order will become immediately void and unenforceable. A protection order can only be dissolved by the court.

This would be your means to challenge the order here and seek to end it.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me knowif you have more,thanks.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Expert:  Ray replied 4 months ago.

Thanks again.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is there a special oop to bring a child back from another country which states that the child be returned
Expert:  Ray replied 4 months ago.

You may challenge the orders in the court that issued them and seek to resolve them .You will need to file a motion to modify in the court that issued the orders here and ask for a hearing on them

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
But is there an oop to bring the child back from another country
Expert:  Ray replied 4 months ago.

Then the court order would be enforceable until modified by the court here.