How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 42307
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an uncle who is recently widowed and is recieving

Customer Question

I have an uncle who is recently widowed and is recieving advice from a church member who is also an attorney. The family is concerned he may be misguiding my Uncle. How can the family approach the "Attorney" or stop the Attorney from misguiding my Uncle in his fiancial affairs?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: California, I live in So Cal and he lives in No. Ca.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I am not sure but I plan to visit my Uncle in the next couple of weeks.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was told that if I mentioned to the Attorney we were going to cosult with an Ombudsman, the Attorney would then not be able to proceed with anything if he infact started anything.
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 4 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 4 months ago.

I would file a complaint to the California State Bar here.It appears he is acting as his lawyer and a church member, may be multiple conflicts , exploitation of an elderly person.You might at least get the lawyer to bow out.

File complaint here

And you may want to consult here with Ombudsman as well.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Expert:  Ray replied 4 months ago.

Report him to APS here , this might be exploitation here as well of elderly person

To report someone in danger, call the Elder Abuse Hotline

(877) 4-R-SENIORS (477-3646)