Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

My husband has a class A General Engineering license that is

Customer Question

My husband has a class A General Engineering license that is not activated because he isn't using it. Someone used his license # to do a job without his consent and commuited fraud. Now my husband is being sued by someone who hired this person and this person didn't do the job right and they want reimbursed for damages. We are summoned to court in 30 days. They are asking for over $5000.00 and legal fees paid. What are our options? Do we need a lawyer to represent us?
Expert:  Ray replied 4 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 4 months ago.

He would need to report this to the police here, it is fraud.And yes he needs to consider a lawyer here to defend the suit and seek legal fees if he prevails.You would want the lawyer to file an answer here and dispute that your husband did this.You can show that he did not and is not the person involved and that there was fraud here and identity theft. If you report this to the police he will have a cae number here too.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again and good luck here in court.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Expert:  Ray replied 4 months ago.

I t appears you are in California here is lawyer referral

call the State Bar of California at
(866)(###) ###-####/a>