How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 55605
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Richard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a question about life insurance I bought a life

Customer Question

I have a question about life insurance I bought a life insurance policy for my grandma and she died last month My uncle was the caretaker but did a poor job and she was injured and died of a bad cause. He isn't willing to provide me the funeral, death certificate or medical records unless I share half of my life insurance money with him. Is there a way I can handle this?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: She reside in North Carolina when she passed away.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Right now, I am unable to provide any information to the insurance company because my uncle is withholding those information from me. I did report to the insurance company and the claim paperwork is on its way to me. however they need the death certificate and funeral service papers and my uncle is not letting me know which hospital she died in, what county and which funeral in NC. I am out of ideas to handle this. Please help.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: This isn't employment related its more of civil I suppose. No that is pretty much it.
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

You don't need to depend upon him. Death certificates are issued by the State of North Carolina (and will contain the funeral home information). You can obtain a death certificate for your grandma by completing the form and mailing it to the address indicated set forth on the following link:

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!