Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

We moved from Pa to Fl with a will, durable health and power

Customer Question

We moved from Pa to Fl with a will, durable health and power of attorney. Is it valid here in Florida.
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?
Customer: We now live in Fl
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We have all three forms correct for PA
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site.

The answer is yes. It does not matter if it was executed in PA, provided that:

1) The Power of Attorney is signed and notarized (okay to use PA notary; and

2) The Will is signed, notarized, and has two witnesses also sign the Will.

Assuming this is true, then the documents satisfy the requirements of FL and should be seen as valid.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your utmost satisfaction. If I have done this, please rate with five stars and click FINISH. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. It does not cost anything extra to rate. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.