How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legalgems Your Own Question
legalgems, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10253
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
Type Your Legal Question Here...
legalgems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My boss has a abstract of Judgment against him that he just

Customer Question

Hi, my boss has a abstract of Judgment against him that he just found out about in renewing a line of credit for our company, with the bank. The judgment is from 2008 and he wants to know, 1) how to find out exactly the amount owed presently and 2) how to pay to remove this judgement immediately. We are based in Riverside County, California,Rebecca
Kiwi II Construction
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a California attorney with Just Answer. I'll be here to help today! Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question? By the way, the system will automatically ask for a phone call. By no means are you required to accept it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Please do
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 4 months ago.

Darn, it looks like the payment option failed. You may want to try a new credit card or PayPal account so we can talk on the phone.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
just did
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 4 months ago.

Because JA is a new and growing site, sometimes fraud monitors keep transactions from going through. I can assure you its legitimate, but you may have to do it more than once.

Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 4 months ago.

Tell you what, we can continue this convo over chat if you'd like.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I've updated 2 times
Expert:  legalgems replied 4 months ago.

Page 2 of the abstract will list the creditor's name and address and they can be contacted.

The judgment amount is listed on line 6:

There is a 10% interest rate per year so that would need to be calculated.

The judgment creditor may accept less than the judgment amount- it is negotiable; once it is paid, the judgment creditor must file a satisfaction; please see:

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Expert:  legalgems replied 4 months ago.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;
if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here: