Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I have a problem. I took my Rado watch to repair. The clap

Customer Question

I have a problem. I took my Rado watch to repair. The clap was broken. When they call me to pick up it. I looked on the clap and it was replaced. I took the watch home. When I go home, I looked on the watch and I notice right away that the watch was not mine. A. the design of the letter (Rado) was different than mine. B. All the crystal on the marking dot was gone. C. There is a name sign on the bottom (6 o'clock dot), mine doesn't have it. D. The dialing knob is different than mine. E. The bottom of the watch was different than mine. I took it back in the next day and asked them and the lady said my watch never been out of the shop. I asked for the owner's name and phone number, the lady refused to tell me. She said they will not give out the owner's name and phone number out. The lady asked for my name and phone number. I gave it to her. It had been 40 days and there is not call. I went in to the shop and asked them about it, the owner was there. I asked for her name and she refused to tell me her name. I asked her about my watch and the owner lady said they do not have any Rado watch to repair at the time they repair mine. I asked her why those items above been removed and different? The owner lady asked me to get out of the store. I refused. I said I wanted to have answer. The owner lady end up to call security to come. When security came, the security asked me to step outside so we can talk. I step out and talk to the security. I asked the security to write down his name, the security wrote his boss name and his name on a paper and gave it to me and I come home. What should I do about this case?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: this is in Oklahoma
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes,
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the repair shop gave you the wrong watch when you picked it up and will not make good on their duty to return the proper watch to you, then your next step will be you have to file a civil suit against the shop in court for the value of your watch you brought into them that they failed to return. You must prove in court the actual watch you had, through photographs or even a bill of sale to show that the watch is not the same watch you brought them.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.