How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 42871
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If my landlord unlawfully withheld $450 dollars from my

Customer Question

if my landlord unlawfully withheld $450 dollars from my security deposit for a major appliance that was working when I moved out can I charge him of court costs and loss of pay to appear in small claims court
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: PA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 5 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 5 months ago.

Yes include these in your damages in small claims and ask that they be included in the judgment.I would send a demand letter with this amount giving them 7 days to resolve or you file small claims.It is possible they pay here otherwise include all of this in your suit in small claims.

The most you can ask for in a small claims case is $12,000.Oct 1, 2015

Pennsylvania Small Claims Court: An Overview |

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.